Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cagayan de Oro Vote Buying Is On Public

I just finished voting to the people who I think they have the power to run our country and lead us to the right path. When I'm on the area where I'm voting I observed that vote buying is happening in the area. I did not get any pictures or video co'z I forgot to bring my phone (sayang)...

I think vote buying is already part of the every election happened in our country and it is already the traditions of Filipino that if election is coming we expect money from the candidates, what ever is that election is, Local, National or even SK election is already learn on how to buy votes. This election is the first automated election and their are lots of problem that this automated election encounter. In Cagayan de Oro I saw and witness some vote buying happened in our city from Congressman, Mayor candidates down to councilors are all buying votes.

There is congressman or congresswoman who buy votes for 200-500 pesos so that her/his name will be vote.
For Mayor candidates they buy votes for 500-800 pesos each person who will vote for them.
and for candidates who run for a councilors they buy votes for 50-150 pesos per person.

We could not say that this election will consider a clean election. If we will vote this people for there position that they are running our country will become poorer because of this politicians where in they run for the personal interest. So hopefully to the person who will win and become our nest President please do your job because Filipinos is now more and more smarter when it comes to choice the next leader in this country.

0 comments: