Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Aquino vows to give life to ensure democracy

President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III has vowed to give his life to ensure that every Filipino will benefit from the democracy that his parents had fought for.

"Ilalaan ko ang aking buhay para siguraduhin ang ating demokradsya ay magiging kapki-pakinabang sa bawat isa [I will give my life to ensure that our democracy will benefit everyone]," Aquino said in his speech after he was sworn in as the 15th president of the country.

Aquino said that he never dreamt that he would become the defender of hope of Filipinos as he only wanted to become a good son to his parents, a good brother to his sisters and a good citizen.

"Hindi ko inakala na darating ang puntong ito... [I never thought that this day would come]" He said.

"Ang pagtayo ko ngayon ay patunay na kayo ang aking lakas [My presence here is proof that you are my strength]," he said.

While he wanted to put an end to the problems of the country, Aquino said he never imagined that he would be the one to take his burden.

"...Ito naman po ang umpisa ng aking kalbaryo [This is the start of my calvary]," he said.

Despite this, Aquino promised to be a good example to everyone.

"Sisikapin ko pong maging mabuting ehemplo [I will try to be a good example]. Hindi ko sasayangin ang tiwalaang pinakaloob [I will not waste the trust that has been given to me]," Aquino said.

Aquino also said that he had forgiven those who have hurt him but was not offering reconciliation without justice.

"Sa mga nang api sa akin, kaya ko kayang patawarin at pinapatawad ko na kayo [To those who belittled me, I can forgive you and I have forgiven you]," Aquino said in his speech.

"Sa mga nang api sa sambayanan, wala akong karapatan na limutin ang inyong kasalanan [To those who oppressed the country, I have no right to forget your sins]," he said.

Aquino added, "There can be no reconciliation without justice."

Under his administration, Aquino said he would put an end to red tape and abuse of power.

"Walang wang-wang. Walang counter-flow. Walang tong [There will be no sirens. There will be no counterflow. There will be no bribes]," he added.

0 comments: